Thursday, July 31, 2008

NYC update

My professor is late on the day that she specifically noted no one could be late. This is also the day that I could have used extra sleep, since I was drinking whiskey and smoking blunts into the wee hours of the night.

I only have two more days and nights in the city, and I'm feeling pretty bittersweet about it. There's so much here that I could do without, and so much that I'm going to miss a WHOLE lot.

Things I can do without:
pigeons
filth
air conditioners dripping on me in the streets
homeless people
shitty apartment
expensive shit
crappy gym
not having immediate access to grass

Things I will miss:
never having to drive
convenience of having any kind of food you want in 10 minutes, delivered
going out every night
all the art...EVERYWHERE
cute boys all around
my new friends!

Last night was one of the best nights I've had so far - I finally felt in my element! We (roommate and frenchies) started drinking whiskey and cokes at 7, continued for hours then went to smoke a blunt with a group of cute stoner dudes from Cornell. They were totally fun, not creepy at all and I think just impressed that a girl they never expected to be a pot head was burnin' with them. I love that kind of reaction. My accent of course came out thick and I'm pretty sure that was a bit shocking as well. More on this and the blog about the Pink Elephant night in the works and posted later on today

No comments: