Sunday, July 13, 2008

Get me out of this city!

If I stay in New York any longer, I will have to file for bankruptcy, start attending AA meetings regularly and have a couple abortions. Okay, so seriously: This city is awesome for someone my age WITH SELF CONTROL. There is too much to do, eat, look at, etc. Also, I caught myself having "boyfriend thoughts". YIKES! Those are bad news. Boyfriend thoughts are when you catch yourself thinking, "It would be kind of nice to have a boyfriend..." I see too many people making out on the streets and I've listened to the Kooks far too much recently, so I've totally been playing hopeless romantic here lately. I quickly remind myself that 1. Stan was an asshole, and 2. The fat guy Carter that I first met and befriended here in NYC turned out to be a total creeper. Not that I thought about him romantically, but I guess I was naive enough to think that he was funny and cool to hang around and had no agenda.

Nevertheless, I'm not taming myself for anyone in this next month. I had a hell of a night last night. Much more than I bargained for! I've never been one for dance clubs, because I had never been to a good one until last night. We went down to the meat packing district to this super trendy budda theme club. I assure you, I had a fuckin' awesome time. Except for the 250 bucks I spent on god knows what...LIT's and cabs apparently. They were like, 20 or 30 bucks each or something I guess. I didn't know until I got my tab. AND that's not including the drinks that I didn't pay for. There went the Longchamps that I wanted to get on this trip...

Was it worth it? Yes. This place was crazy! The DJ was badass, and mixed some crazy shit, like Daft Punk with Snoop Dogg, which you can imagine drove me wild! :-) I went with a great group of people too. I was the only American! The other 7 people I was with were all from Paris. These two very cool frenchie gals from my program invited me along, and I had quite the time. I love french people, and especially french guys! They are so well-mannered. Often, they are also hotties. Definitely some hotties there last night. At any rate, they were totally fun and it really helped my language skills as I've forgotten so much since I lived in Strasbourg.

I've been hungover today so I've been trying to do schoolwork. The gym here at NYU sucks, and I didn't go today which is unfortunate. It's SO small, and there's hardly room to breathe. I regret ever complaining about urban active in cincinnati!

No comments: