Thursday, June 26, 2008

There is a god: The Kooks are coming to Cincy!



I have not been so excited about a show in a VERY long time! I mean, I'm gonna have a blast at the Snoop Dogg concert, but it will be a different kind of fun. More the kind where I will be laughing at other people and on the inside pretending that I'm gangster. However, the Kooks are one of my favorite bands of all time...EVER. YES. They are f'ing awesome, and they're playing at Bogart's on October 12th. I have been checking their website for a while now (along with the Frattellis' as well) and I never thought they would tour the US, but they are!!!! October 12 seems SO far away right now, but the fact that it's a wee while away allows me to get SUPER excited about it. Hearing this news almost killed my hangover- it at least seriously reduced it. Tickets go on sale this MONDAY for 16 bucks. You can bet yer breeches that I'm buying a few, too! At the concert, I'll be wearing my "pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty petticoat..." ha!

check out their new release, "Shine On" - the opening lyrics make me melt...

Safety pins holding up the things
That make you mine
About your hair, you needn't care,
You look beautiful all the time.

No comments: