Sunday, June 8, 2008

Most recent distraction: Classical Cats


In the library today when I was technically supposed to be finishing my research for this archaeology paper due monday, I stumbled upon the most amazing book that I am now reading for pleasure: Classical Cats: the Rise and Fall of the Sacred Cat, by Donald Engels. It's a fun read and I'm 3/4 of the way through it now. I bet you can guess what I'm NOT 3/4 of the way through!!! I just finished the section on the history of cats in Greece, and I was inspired to post this picture of me in the ancient Greek city of Ephesus...with a kitty!

Sometime, ask me about the Linear B syllabogram "ma" that looks like a kitty cat if you want to hear my stupid impression of ancient vs. modern cat sounds (or at least how humans recreate them).

No comments: