Sunday, May 18, 2008

A concise account of my weekend

Things I did and/or stumbled upon this weekend:

x concert: old punk rockers still got it. played a great show. Wish I had been drunk instead of high. two best boy friends from HS came and stayed with me. So glad to see them both - they are some of my favorite people in the whole world! What a great excuse to make a big Thai meal for them, too. I love cooking for other people. Very glad to smoke my friend Monty's most incredible 70 bud. did not even smoke shit like this in cali or europe. It's from TN and it's fuckin' crazy! At any rate, it fucked me so. Rather than getting beers at the concert, I got a snickers bar, a bag of grippos and a pack of skittles. They were the best snacks I have ever eaten. I had an awesome time.

Chez Nora: I love this little jazz club, and I wanted to take my mum there so we could drink a bottle of wine before we went out in mt. adams. Well, we discovered that Hillary Clinton was having a rally at MayFest, so we ended up seeing Hillary (who actually looks better in person than on tv!) and then we drank beer on the streets and got goetta balls. we eventually listened to some jazz...Stoopid Rooster was the band and they did perform some pretty amazing arrangements.

Hofbrahaus: I took my mum to the biergarten in newport, and discovered that she has more game than I do. My mother is fairly well preserved and hasn't lost it. Some guys bought us beers, and it took them 45 minutes to figure out that we were mother and daughter. They were terribly drunk, though. We watched one guy dive off of a 6 ft. tall planter right into the pavement. He likely broke some bones in his foot, but he was so drunk that he didn't care. Mum got a big kick out of it!

Mt. Adams: A place I need to go more often. CUUUTE guys were everywhere! I hadn't seen a REAL LIVE cute guy since I was back in the bluegrass, where they know how to breed them. Ma Mere still wants me to move to Scotland after I graduate and marry a Scotch boy, I think to reconcile what she DIDNT do.

Taft Museum of Art: I took my mother to a tea party with a Cheshire Cat theme. I might have to post a picture. We wore matching purple outfits and yes, we are cool enough to do that.

No comments: