Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Speaking of Teaching...

A priceless dialogue I had with another student tonight:

He had a writing assignment to complete during our session, but instead was looking at pictures of girls he'd met on facebook, talking about how horny he was. Frustrated with a sinus headache after repeatedly asking him nicely to stop and work so we could both go home, I got totally fed up at his rude sexual behavior and said, "Get the FUCK off facebook or I'm walking out that door. Your DICK AIN'T GONNA WRITE THIS PAPER ON ITS OWN!"
He slowly and calmly turned his head, looked at me and replied, "You never know." He finally started working! So he did end up finishing his assignment, and after our time I asked, "Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with tonight?"
His reply: "You can go ahead and fuck me."
"Uh, seriously, what do you think are the chances of that?" I said more sarcastically than I've ever said anything in my entire life.

"About the same as my dick writing that paper."


I decided that sometimes you've just gotta throw in the towel and laugh your ass off...

No comments: