Thursday, April 24, 2008

Catch of the Day

okay so some things have been happening that you may or may not care about:

I just want to make this clear that I looked like total shit all day. Somehow, this resulted in some unexpected interactions, 2 of the 3 positive. I still don't understand - I have no game, but somehow this results in well, I guess I won't know for a few days what it results in, nor do I really even care, but it's flattery any way you slice it. After enduring months of Robert the Shithead, it's not a bad thing.

I still have not been able to try out my kayak. It is probably the largest disappointment in my life right now. But, I still walked to the river today, took a good read (Voltaire) and decided that I would try getting back to nature on my own terms, by myself. I made a little spot for myself in the grass on the riverbank. There was a fisherman about 20 yards away with several poles set up. After getting situated, trying to soak up some sun, this fisherman (an older gent) walks over to me. I kinda wanted to ask him questions about what he was fishing for, water quality, ect. anyway, so I didn't mind a chat. He talked for a while about fishing, where I lived, small talk stuff really. His name was George, and he told me that he'd been fishing for hours but the turtles had been stealing his bait. George invited me to come cast with him, after I told him that we used to have boats, and that I grew up fishing on our farms. I only casted twice before I caught a fish! This had to have been an omen. Ol' george must have been impressed:

"Have you been to the river front down at Newport yet?"
"yeah I have, it's very fun!"
"Yes it is, especially for singles, are you single?"
"It seems like that's pretty true," (in an attempt to avoid what comes next)
"Because if you are single, I would love to take you there sometime,"

My reply: "Aw, George I am so flattered, but I have a ferret at home that I can't leave for long periods of time, and I'm already at school so much that the poor little thing gets so lonely. But you know what, I bet I will see you down here some and I'm looking so forward to that!" Ali, this reminds me of that old guy we dissed in napa valley, Mr. Twirls. Jesus! It was the best way I could find to be nice to the old guy. You know how they are, somebody's grandad!

Okay, so the next one: a guy from work asked me to a cocktail party downtown. cha cha cha I get to buy a new dress, which is the shit.

Finally, since I discovered that my insurance would cover a personal trainer, so I am with him tomorrow afternoon. I was hoping that I might get some big buff hottie, but this is not the case. His personality is the big kicker: I met with him today just to chat, and he said he "couldn't let me work with anyone else, or he would regret not getting to know me better."

Okay, so the rundown: On a good day (when I happen to be gross) I attract a horny old man who probably can't even get it up, a friend from work who I couldn't date even if that were the case, and this douchebag "bro" who thinks he is hot shit but really just looks like conan o'brien with muscles. He is also from Ohio, so I have an idea of how to put him in his place. Hopefully, he won't be such a pain that I have to be a queen cunt to him. At any rate, the fish from the Licking River was the catch of the day!!!

I might have an awesome story about this son of a bitch posted tomorrow night - I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

sas685 said...

it must have been the pheromones you were releasing that attracted all of these guys--like that time at applebee's two summers ago, remember?

regardless, knock 'em dead, hotstuff!