Friday, July 17, 2009

Psychic Reading

I definitely paid $20 for a psychic reading last night, after being convinced by many friends who had done it before that this woman was really on target. People like myself, who actually believe in mystical things like spirits, et al, should not do this. All it ever amounts to is stress and paranoia.

For fifteen minutes, I sat with the psychic as she did my numerology and read my cards. Skeptical, I was very reserved and brief with my responses to her questions, so I wasn't giving her too much information. Nor did I respond to her with body language. I felt that my reactions to her were very neutral. At any rate, this is what she told me:

"Do you ever wonder why you never meet a stranger? You are an old soul. You have been on this earth for a long, long time." At this point, she explained that this life I was rebuilding my karma (I infer from this that in my past life I wasn't doing very good things?) so, she said, I am now giving whatever I can to those around me.

She went on to talk about my health. She asked me if I had endometriosis or bad periods. The latter is true, so I told her that I did have bad periods. She told me that I needed to have a check-up before trying to conceive.

Then, she shifted the direction of the reading toward marriage. She straight up told me that I was supposed to have married already, but she saw that my last serious relationship had failed and that I was still healing from this experience. (At this point I started really believing her, as I told her no information about any of this. She didn't even know if I was single, straight, any of it.) She went on to tell me about current romantic interests, which was very entertaining.

The psychic told me that I had met my current romantic interest in a life before this one, so it might seem as if we knew each other on a different level. (I'm not sure what this means, and she probably isn't either) She said he will fall in love with me, but I would have to be the one to open up about how I felt. I found this to be endearing, so I broke down and told her his birthday. Yes, she did his numerology....and yes I am this lame. She tells me that he is a perfectionist, and I am going to have to help him let go of some of the stress associated with this attribute. Also, she said he will only get married once, and that I am attracted to him because of his mind.

This is funny: She said that I have a male friend who is romantically interested but will never speak a word of it to me. (I have a lot of male friends, and just to be honest, I don't know what constitutes this woman's idea of romantic interest, but I guarantee that at least one of them has wondered at least once, "What would it be like to...Morgan?" just because that's a dude-type thought to have. Again, this was an entertaining experience.

At this point, she read my cards and immediately asked if I was pregnant. I told her no, and she tells me to use contraception because my cards showed a pregnancy within the next year. This really bothered me for a couple reasons. 1. Some of the first information she gave me was about making sure I had my ducks in a row for conceiving children. If she has any kind of gift and if any of this has merit, then that freaks me out because infertility is probably one of my top 3 fears EVER. 2. That information is almost negated by this piece of information. Problems conceiving and unexpected pregnancy? Hmmm... 3. Any 24 year old female at a healthy weight has a body that is dying to make babies. We're programmed to do this, and I'm at a ripe age. That does not require supernatural intuition to deduce. This part kinda bummed me out about the reading, and almost discredited the other things she told me that I really wanted to believe.

I asked her about my career, and she did know, without me mentioning it at all, that I had started my own business. She told me that I would need another job for the next 6 months before I got enough business to sustain myself. Eventually, she said, I would add two business partners, both male, because of their connections. She said I will be successful and not have to worry about money (which 2 other psychics have told me in the past, so that's cool). Like the two psychics who've read my cards in the past, I have no divorce in my future and I will have two children (except the guy in Paris told me I would have three children).

I asked her about my grandfathers' health, and my dad as well. She said that my grandfather closest to me would pass first, and that my mum would outlive my father. If the latter is true, I can only imagine how annoying that will be. Mum will drive me crazy as an elderly widow, I cannot even begin to tell you how much I'm not looking forward to this potential scenario...

All in all, it was entertaining. However, the idea of being prego really killed my buzz, and I'm either running off to convent, or living in a giant condom by myself for the next year. What a shame...

No comments: