Friday, August 15, 2008

2 favorite things

I am but a simple woman. I have two favorite things that I like to do at the end of the day: smoke and cook. Then, I eat and listen to some tunes. Here's what I made last night, plus some notes I took in my notepad:


Parmesan Chicken Red Curry:

1 Tbsp. cooking oil (Vegetable, peanut and olive oils all work just fine)
1 onion, sliced
1 garlic clove, chopped finely
2-3 Tbsp. Thai red curry paste (found in the international isle of the grocery, or at an Asian market)
1 can (typically between 13 and 14 oz.) of Cocoanut milk
1/3rd of a 14 oz can of chicken stock/broth
4 boneless, skinless breasts cut into cubes
1 Tbsp of Fish Sauce (in Thai section of grocery)
2 Tbsp. of Soy Sauce
the juice of half a lime
1 tsp of brown sugar
2 c. couscous
½ c. Parmesan cheese, shredded
fresh chopped cilantro

In a big skillet, add the cooking oil, garlic and onion. Stir it around until the onions start to become transparent. It is cool looking. Add the curry paste and watch it sizzle in the onions for a minute (literally). Add the coconut milk and the chicken stock/broth and bring it to a boil. Add the chick, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15 or 20 minutes, until the chicken is tender.
Add the fish sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, sugar and couscous. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the sugar has dissolved. Throw in the Parmesan cheese and stir it all up. Serve promptly and garnish with cilantro.

I did some serious blazing. This was the most delicious meal I have ever eaten in my life.
I spent 15 minutes explaining to Max the reasons why he wouldn’t like to eat couscous. Key lime pie rocks. Listening to Bavgate and Snoop, “Where the weed at?” Boomp3.com

Noteworthy is Jon Moore’s facebook status message: “Jon Moore is sitting on a bean-bag, naked, eating cheetos.” Laughing so hard that I want to cry.

No comments: