Sunday, January 4, 2009

Considering the height factor when choosing partners

Did you know that the gene for height, or "tallness", is passed from mother to son, and father to daughter? That explains why my 6'4" father (a one-time collegiate offensive guard), had me, his now 5'10" daughter. Do I mind being tall? Never.

So the likelihood of me having a son with a stature similar to my father's is good. I'm glad, too, because it would be difficult being a short guy in our world. Too much BS to overcome I think. However, if I have a daughter with a guy who was not-so-tall, then she wouldn't have my height gene whatsoever. That sucks, too, but being a short girl isn't the worst thing in the world. They make a lot of cute shoes for that!

The article is old, but I found it here.

1 comment:

Sexquire said...

don't be a hater - good things come in short packages! the man pool is a lot bigger when you're 5'3!