Saturday, December 27, 2008

South Florida or Bust

In a couple hours, I'm leaving with my best friend from childhood, Steve and his friend from undergrad (also named Steve) to embark on our adventure to:

1. camp and kayak in the Florida keys, my old stomping ground.
2. ring in the new year at a swanky nightclub in South Beach
3. go to the Orange Bowl!

I planned the trip and did all of our booking. We're getting away with 5 nights in south florida for right over 200 bucks. Not bad, eh? Camping saves money! It's hella more fun than a hotel too.

We're staying on Boca Chita Key, an island in the northern keys accessible only by boat. No electricity, fresh water, completely uninhabited. There are crocs, coral snakes AND alligators, too! They won't come near us though, for I am armed with my sharp-ass buck knife and sweet-ass cowboy beach hat. When I wear that hat, I suddenly become badder than Chuck Norris. True story.

I'm actually more hyped for the camping than I am for the rest of the trip. I think I just need some RnR. However, New Years will be nuts. My boy T.I. is hosting a New Year's party in South Beach that we might try to get into. We're also going to a tailgate party with Lil' wayne. Knowing that I'm gonna be in the same city as these two for New Year's Eve, how will I possibly return to Kentucky WITHOUT getting knocked up?!?!?!

No comments: