Sunday, February 15, 2009

More on T-pain...

1. I've decided that it would be pretty awesome to have T-pain just follow me around one day and repeat everything I say, or randomly shout one of his, "YEE-AHHH" or "SHAW-TAYYY!" after everything I said. Like what he does to Adam Samberg in "I'm on a Boat". It would be called, "Morgan's Daily Interactions feat. T-pain" and I would be a baller for it.

2. Playing on you tube I did stumble across his official site, and pulled out an especially entertaining excerpt about what inspires T-pain's music. In this instance, it was his song "Freeze" in particular:

But T-Pain's music isn't all about drama. He also listens to his friends when they gush about a special someone. The party track "Freeze," for instance, grew out of conversation T-Pain had with Chris Brown. Brown, who also appears on the high-energy song, was telling T-Pain how he finds women that can dance particularly attractive. Of course T-Pain's long-time fans know that he especially appreciates women who dance in strip clubs. But he knows from first-hand experience how men often fall victim to DJs who switch songs up too quickly when they've just paid for a lap dance. Hence, the five-minute plus "Long Lap Dance." "In Florida, strippers charge for lap dances by the song," T-Pain explains.
"If you just so happen to ask a girl for a lap dance in the middle of a song and the DJ cuts it off, you still have to pay the full price. So I just made a long song, so whenever you ask for it, you should be good. And the DJs know that they can't cut it off, 'cause then it wouldn't be the 'Long Lap Dance' song."


Thanks for doing everyone such a favor, T-pain. Your contributions to humanity are most deserving of praise and recognition. Knowing that I will get the most bang for my buck (literally and figuratively) at the strip club makes it a bit easier to go to sleep at night. I appreciate you looking out for the little guy.

Here's the video for "Freeze"

No comments: