Saturday, November 8, 2008

Thesis day?

Today was the day that I was supposed to write a the first chapter of my thesis. That went to pot, literally, when:

1. I smoked as soon as I woke up today (11 AM).
2. I had to watch UK lose. (which sucked, but it was an awesome game)
3. An entire pumpkin pie sundae from Graeter's magically disappeared.
4. It became a good idea to play in my craft box (now I have a new set of stationary).
5. Got stoned again.
6. Watched UC win! yay!

So I just came home only to realize that I haven't done anything productive all day. But my day was so awesome that' I'm not even going to complain... I needed some fun!

I did realize something pretty crucial today: I hang out with more males than females, but not romantically and I like it that way. Don't get me wrong, I'm not gay or anything - someday I do want to meet a special person to father my superbabies (my extremely tall offspring with high standardized test scores). I just like my current situation pretty well.

Right now, I have a couple really great friends who watch ballgames and smoke pot with me. They take good care of me (i.e. I never have to drive or open doors, etc.) and expect nothing (strictly friends - ex's frat brothers). Obviously, I'm not getting regular sex (a definite perk of having a boyfriend), but for me to date right now would be so stupid anyway that I don't even think about it anymore. There's no time for that now. So instead, I have some awesome friends who are a blast to be around, and that makes me happy! I love thinking of reasons to be happy :-)

No comments: