Tuesday, November 4, 2008

recently

a few updates:

1. Stan's dad emailed me...."What about those remaining belongings of Stan's that we had to leave at your place to accommodate your timeframe for his departure?" Oh. You mean the box fan, postage envelopes and the jim beam ash tray? Oh yes, all of those precious things have been boxed up, wasting space in my condo since June. I had my dad take it to his parents' house. When mom asked how he was doing, the response was, of course, "Oh Stan's doing very well!!" Very well compared to...??? Someone fighting in the war in Iraq? A cancer patient? Courtney Love? I hear rehab does wonders. What a childish situation.

2. Writing my MA thesis is one of the suckiest experiences I've had to date. My first research proposal ( a case study of the art market) got shot down for being too "businessy, not an art history project." I was honestly pretty devastated. Never did I see that coming....so I basically wrote a new proposal in a week's time. I'm devoting the next year of my life to looking at weasels in works of art, emblems and fashion from 1300 to 1700. Yes, now even my work is consumed with Maximus... Can you imagine how I'll be with kids of my own?!?!

3. I saw the Kooks and the Flobots in concert! Awesome times...

4. I was an abortion for Halloween. Not that I would ever have one myself, I just really wanted to piss people off. Isn't that so bad of me?

5. Does it really matter if Obama wins? I'm just ready for Bush to move back to Texas to shoot at shit and holler.

Sorta like Babycakes, I'm just excited to live in this awesome world.

No comments: