Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween? Life is crazy and this blog sucks. Stop reading it.

I realized today that Halloween is upon us! My once-favorite holiday I had nearly forgotten!!! Why? Because I have sucked lately. Here is why:

1. My granddad was in ICU for three weeks after he had a stroke. I was doing some driving down to the hospital where he was admitted to visit him. He just got moved to an old folks home, so he's in good hands and I can be less stressed out about his situation.

2. I haven't been able to write for fun (i.e. journal or blog). Instead, I've been writing thesis proposals, artist bios, et al. Not my favorite - I feel like less of a person without at least some kind of creative outlet. I've just been overloaded with projects, and at the end of the day I'm entirely too exhausted to reflect on the things I've done and felt. If I'm not reflecting, am I really learning and taking any bit of value from my everyday experiences? Subconsciously perhaps. But I don't feel like I'm living much of a life right now. There's just no time to think about it.

3. I work. A lot.

4. Ganja consumption has been reduced by almost 70%. (literally, I checked my bank statement and compared my expenditures from the past month to August) Not something I consciously set out to do, but a result of my new crappy busy lifestyle. The days when I could smoke, blog and watch countless retarded youtube videos are long gone. Now that's depressing....

At one time, I had new stories about handsome men in my life, bourbon, fancy places, sleazy places, ATV's, personal trainers... all kinds of wrong. The Sexy Summer is long gone, and now I'm amidst the Ass-Kicking Autumn of '08. I don't even have enough time to think about what I want to be for Halloween!!!!!! I am just really confused about how my super sweet lifestyle has developed into this.

I just want to smoke a j, take a nap and forget about it. Maybe wake up for a milk shake and a manicure when it's halfway finished. Especially if it is a UDF pumpkin pie ice cream milk shake!

xoxoxo

No comments: