Monday, May 4, 2009

Why can't life be this simple?

When we were young, we didn't have shit to worry about...think of the stuff you did in your free time! Played in creeks, rode bikes, played basketball, craft projects, the list goes on. I miss 'the trivial'. This email I received today from the wee lassie I used to babysit during my undergrad years made me realize just how awesome it was being a kid:

Guess what happened to me at school today? Well...We were bringing back props from the play (which I was in) and I was carrying a chair over my shoulder. I turned around to talk to my friend, and when I turned back back around the chair leg got caught on the fire alarm and it got pulled down. I went straight to the prinicpal and 2 fire trucks even came! Luckily I wasnt in any trouble because I came right to her, but she told me to be careful. It was mortifying. Now when ever I walk in the halls and I pass a fire alarm my class will say "Get away! Dont pull it! Restrain yourself!", things like that! And then at dissmissal, this eight grader --Ben Powerdy-- who I dont even talk to passes me and says, "Dont pull any more fire alarms." and I just say "Wow! Thaks!" and look away. So far Dad isnt ticked about it but Mom isnt home yet...I'll just have to wait and see what she says....

Did you know the meaning of "mortifying" in 5th grade? I don't think I did.

Gotta live for it all, dude.

1 comment:

E Roach said...

Isa is a genius. She also has problems that I majorly want. Remember when eighth graders were the most intimidating thing ever? And now I see them and wonder if they're even old enough to know how to tie shoes... sigh.