Friday, June 13, 2008

le fin

So I've officially completed my first year of grad school. Weird. Finality triggers reflection, and today I feel like a victim of my own wondering. It sorta gets me down. The fact that I've been re-reading Nietzsche certainly does not help the fact.

Some days you just don't feel like yourself. I was sitting at my desk today, and I realized that I was being SUPER quiet. WTF, mate?! Then, I started thinking about "how I don't have any girlfriends in Cincinnati," and how "I'm a douchebag magnet." I mean, seriously? I only go to school with some of the nicest, coolest guys in America, and my best friend, along with 2 of my sorority sisters, live in Cincinnati. All others ('cept for LouLou in cali!) are no more than an hour and a half away. I was just gettin' high and laying out by the pool with one of my best friends from college yesterday for her birthday. Man, I am so full of shit for thinking those silly things.

However, this week (and weekend) is in fact one of the biggest rites of passage that I have experienced. Not because of the school year ending or anything like that - tomorrow is Stan's graduation and after this weekend, I will have my place back! This is so huge - It will be so quiet around here without him yelling at me. My place will not be a wreck! My ferret can do what he damn well pleases! No longer will I be used! I will officially have some peace in my life. Will I even know what to DO with myself?

I'll tell you one thing, I will be naked 24/7. Probably gonna start blogging naked as early as Tuesday. I will not have to care about what i'm listening to, watching, or where I put my books and shoes when I come in from class and work. Bi-weekly parties. Slumber parties. Sexy parties. Yes, all of the above.

It's exactly one week until the celebration of this rite of passage: Toga Liberation party. I think shopping for toga fabric needs to go on my to-do list for tomorrow. If anyone wants to be the hero and buy me the most awesome gift of the party, you can get me this tote bag with Maximus on it.

I'm still debating over keg or cans. There should be far less than 100 people there, so one wouldn't think we would need a keg. However, you can't hang vertically and binge drink atop cases of beer. Kegs are so much more fun!

So it's been a crazy day, and it's time to smoke a bowl and watch old episodes of Ren and Stimpy. I'll probably end up posting some cartoons on here. I'm such a geek.

No comments: