Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Iraq since 2003

Today marks the first day of the US invasion in 2003, my senior year of high school.  Seems so long ago, it really makes me sad just thinking about what a waste it has been.  I think everyone remembers watching the statue of Saddam Hussein tumble down.  

I bet they are selling (or have sold already) pieces of that thing, just like they sell pieces of the Berlin Wall.  It's always worth checking eBay.  

I'm also reminded of the guards who recorded Saddam's hanging on his camera phone.  They're in an Iraqi military prison (=hell) right now, but on the brighter side, sure saved me a lot of time.  Had they not taped that, I would have spent hours of my life authoring a conspiracy theory, as would have several other hundred skeptical bloggers in the early-mid twenties.  If you added up all of the time that we bloggers would have spent dwelling on that conspiracy theory, I bet it might add up to a life sentence in prison.  Likewise, think about all the stress we would have experienced, and the ramifications of that stress?  Can you really even attempt to quantify all the Klonopin and Prozac that would be needed to deal with such a grueling feat?   Those guards are considered tasteless, maybe even foul by some, but thinking back on this, I consider them Martrys, for sacrificing their freedom to ensure that no educated, white americans waste hours, perhaps even days, of their young life worrying about the legitimacy of the vicious dictator's execution.  

Unless, of course, the video was staged.  In that case, I would need to consult the lineage of Jesus Christ and consider Illuminati involvement, as well as connections to the school shooting at Columbine and Sasquatch.  

No comments: